Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Photo Booth Pictures


I had a long narrow frame w/ an Anne Gedes print in it, here:



I thought it would look cute placed vertically w/ 8 x 10 photos in it.  I couldn't decide if I should do some kind of burlap backing or chicken wire with closepins holding the pictures.  I wanted it to be something easy and casual, really because the pictures were not awesome.  I also considered painting the frame, but KR put his foot down on that one.  Apparently he really likes this frame.  Who knew?  I'm glad I didn't though because it made the project so much faster & easier. 

I ordered some 8 x 10 prints of the kids.  These pictures are from our extended family Memorial Day trip.  Every year we go to visit the graves of KR's grandparents and other family members in Logan, UT.  It is an hour & a half drive so it ends up being a day trip.   Every year we eat lunch at an awesome steak house called Maddox's (in Brigham City, UT).  Then we head up to Logan to the cemetary.  Afterwards, we go to the Utah State Aggie Creamery & get ice cream.  It is really fun. 

Soooo, I ended up realizing that I could just turn the print already in the frame around, & I would have a nice white background:



Then I attached the 4 pictures (I just used masking tape. I hope that's okay).  I tried to space them evenly, but of course didn't measure or anything.


Then I put it all back together!  I think it looks so cute--like a photo booth strip!  Don't you love #4's annoyance??  I was trying to get him to smile, but holding still for a picture was just too much, I guess!  I used them anyway because I decided it was cute.  


The thing is, I think this is totally cute, but the pictures are not really that great.  My #3 boy's face is so dark, for one thing.  It's okay though.  I already kind of had the idea of making this an often-changing display--like for the seasons or whatever. 

Linking up:


HookingupwithHoH

The Shabby Nest

1 comment:

  1. I have been doing this same thing! Yardsale frames, paint them or not and add big photos to them. I printed a few at office depot (on regular paper a BIG picture is like 2 bucks!).
    I tried using wrapping paper to cover the bases but really my silver is too silver. The bronzey gold looks good.
    I am toying with the idea of making these with xmas paper and 1 frame for each kiddo with their santa photos but . . . have not done it yet.

    ReplyDelete